Quality and safety controls
All Kiwiastur products are free of microorganisms and contaminants and also comply with the accepted quality standards for hygiene and nutrition. Our external auditors assess, control and help to identify chemical or physical biological agents that could cause harmful effects on human health, controlling potential dangers at each and every stage of the production and distribution system.
Safety: The process performed by Kiwiastur is continually audited by external professionals, experts in quality control and food safety, who certify with their “VeriSEG, Alimento Seguro” stamp of quality that all the kiwifruits under our brand comply with the strictest quality standards.
We face the most demanding challenges in terms of quality parameters and we are always looking to keep our products as consistent as possible, to achieve this we follow strictest quality standards:
- Harvesting: 2nd fortnight of November.
- Harvest with a minimum of 7° Brix. Sold with a minimum of 13° Brix.
- Harvest with a minimum of 16% dry matter.
- Good post-harvest firmness and hardness.
- Soft columella or inner core when it reaches the consumer.
- The ideal preservation temperature is between -0.5° C and + 0.5° C
- Low levels of decay, especially botrytis.